Mission/PhilosophyMay 29, 2020
Public health is what we do collectively to ensure the conditions in which people can be healthy. It has been defined as “the organization and application of public resources to prevent dependency which would otherwise result from disease or injury.” But it is more than that. It is about helping our neighbors take control of their health. It is about lending a hand to one in need in partnership with our community.
To promote and protect the health of the residents of DeWitt and Piatt Counties.
How Public Health Works…..For You
The DeWitt/Piatt Bi-County Health Department engages in essential public health services to promote and protect the health of our local residents. We work to:
1. Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
2. Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
3. Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
4. Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
5. Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
6. Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
7. Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
8. Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce.
9. Evaluate the effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population-based health services.
10. Research new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.