January 22, 2021
With these additional cases, DeWitt Co has had a total of 658 cases; Piatt Co has had a total of 809 cases.
Remember, cases are spiking locally, statewide, and nationwide. Please refrain from attending events/parties/gatherings. Please don't host such gatherings. Wash your hands frequently, Watch your distance (6 feet or more), Wear a mask when in public. Protect vulnerable populations. Please test even when asymptomatic.
The Illinois State Police have started to issue citations to restaurants and bars in our area not complying with the mitigation measures and continuing with in-person dining/service.
We are receiving word now of delays in test results. Diagnoses of tests through IDPH testing sites and state labs are 7 to 10 days behind. This will lead to further delays in contact tracing. We cannot begin contact tracing until a confirmed test is in our system.
Mitigation strategies were implemented a week ago Friday statewide. These strategies are located here: https://coronavirus.illinois.gov/s/restore-illinois-mitigation-plan. Regionally, our positivity rate is declining over the past week.
IDPH Update: 11/27/2020
- Bureau County: 1 male 90s
- Clark County: 1 male 80s
- Clay County: 1 female 90s
- Clinton County: 1 male 80s
- Cook County: 1 male 30s, 1 male 40s, 2 females 50s, 2 males 50s, 3 males 60s, 3 females 70s, 3 males 70s, 4 females 80s, 2 males 80s, 4 females 90s, 1 male 90s
- DeKalb County: 1 female 80s
- DuPage County: 2 males 70s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- Fayette County: 1 female 60s
- Hardin County: 1 male 80s
- Henry County: 1 female 80s
- Kane County: 1 female 70s
- Kendall County: 2 females 90s, 1 male 90s
- Lake County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s
- LaSalle County: 1 male 80s
- Livingston County: 1 male 60s
- Macon County: 2 males 80s
- Marion County: 1 female 70s
- McHenry County: 1 male 80s
- Monroe County: 1 male 80s
- Morgan County: 1 male 80s
- Rock Island County: 1 female 80s
- Saline County: 1 female 80s
- Vermilion County: 1 female 70s
- Will County: 1 female 60s, 3 females 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 80s
- Woodford County: 1 female 70s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 705,063 cases, including 12,029 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 77,130 specimens for a total 10,289,223. As of last night, 5,829 in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 1,215 patients were in the ICU and 698 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from November 20 – November 26, 2020 is 10.1%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from November 20 – November 26, 2020 is 12.2%.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.