January 22, 2021
DeWitt/Piatt Testing Update: 7/20/2020
Total Tested: 4153
DeWitt: 1428 - 1404 Not Detected, 0 Pending, 16 Recovered, 8 Positive. Currently Hospitalized: 0, Total Hospitalizations: 1.
Piatt: 2725 - 2695 Not Detected, 0 Pending, 20 Recovered, 10 Positive. Currently Hospitalized: 0, Total Hospitalizations: 0
DeWitt had 3 new positive cases reported Monday.
- 82 year old male from DeWitt. Received testing after being admitted to a hospital for a non-COVID related medical condition. No respiratory symptoms.
- 88 year old female from Weldon. Received testing after being admitted to a hospital. No symptoms of COVID.
- 54 year old female in Clinton. Received testing for surveillance purposes after being in close contact with a confirmed case.
Piatt had 2 new positive cases reported Monday.
- 26 year old male in Monticello. Tested prior to scheduled procedure. No signs or symptoms.
- 27 year old male in La Place. Received testing when symptoms presented after being in close contact with confirmed case.
*1 case was removed from the Positive case total for Piatt and moved to the Not Detected totals. The individual was without symptoms and received 2 negative test results.
IDPH Update: 7/21/2020
Public Health Officials Announce 955 New Confirmed Cases of Coronavirus Disease
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 955 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 23 additional confirmed deaths.
- Cook County – 1 female 50s, 6 males 60s, 2 males 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s
- DuPage County – 1 female 80s, 1 male 90s
- Kane County – 1 male 40s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s
- Lake County – 1 male 60s
- McHenry County – 2 males 70s
- St. Clair County – 1 female 80s
- Winnebago County – 1 male 50s, 1 male 70s, 1 male 80s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 163,703 cases, including 7,324 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 29,745 specimens for a total of 2,308,854. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from July 14 - July 20 is 3.1%. As of last night, 1,466 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 320 patients were in the ICU and 142 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice’s (IDJJ) IYC St. Charles facility is reporting 16 new cases of COVID-19 in staff and 3 new cases among the youth prompting increased mitigation and infection control measures. All youth and staff have been tested for COVID-19 and the facility is implementing programming changes to reduce further spread.
This week Chester Mental Health Center in Randolph County reported 27 staff and 5 residents with newly confirmed cases of COVID-19. Shapiro Developmental in Kankakee County reported 1 resident and 6 staff of newly confirmed cases of COVID-19. Full infection control measures are in operation at these facilities for both residents and staff.
Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, IDPH is now reporting both confirmed and probable cases and deaths on its website. Reporting probable cases will help show the potential burden of COVID-19 illness and efficacy of population-based non-pharmaceutical interventions. IDPH will update these data once a week.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for deaths previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org